To register to vote you may go to the Village Hall during business hours. Our location is 3317 Chicago Road, South Chicago Heights. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to Noon.
Once you have registered to vote you may participate in voting in elections at various levels:
- School district
Please vote. Your vote does count. We highly encourage you to vote in elections.
Necessary Requirements for Voting
- Must be the age of 18 by the next election date.
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must reside in the Village for 30 days as of the next election.
- Must provide two forms of identification, one must show your current address. If you are a new resident who has not changed their driver’s license, we recommend a utility bill with your current address to verify.
- Naturalized citizens must provide the court, date, and city of naturalization.
Changing Registration & Exceptions
If you move into a county and already have a voter’s registration card, you can follow the instruction given to you on the back of the card; this transaction can be completed by mail. If your card is not current or you have changed your name by getting married, you must re-register. It is prohibited by state law to accept any new registration or changes of address within the 28-day period before the election and two days following the election. Registration will resume the day after the election occurs.
For More Information
If you have any questions regarding registering please contact us at the Village of South Chicago Heights at 708-755-1880.